The Portugal-US Chamber of Commerce cordially invites you to a guided tasting of select Port wines from two of the world’s most renowned Port wine houses, Ramos Pinto and Sandeman. These wines are produced uniquely in the Douro Valley where the climate and terrain are challenging and the best wines are selected to age for additional time in oak barrels to create the perfect wines for any occasion. The virtual tasting will take place on May 12th.
From a white Port traditionally used in cocktails to a Ruby reserve, and a Late Bottle Vintage to two Aged Tawnies that showcase the art of blending, these selections were chosen to bring a little taste of Portugal right to your home.
- Sandeman Apitiv Reserve White Port: Created from selected white grape varieties, the wines selected are aged for an average of 7 years. Perfect in a Port tonic with a lemon slice.
- Sandeman Founder’s Reserve selects some of the finest lots from each vintage and ages them for five years. Perfect on its own over ice or in your favorite cocktail.
- Sandeman 20 Year Old Aged Tawny are specially selected Ports chosen for additional cask aging to concentrate their fruit and flavor, resulting in a perfectly balanced wine.
- Ramos Pinto 10-Year-Old Tawny Porto – Quinta de Ervamoira: This tawny is a blend with an average age of 10 years. Made from high-quality wines of the Quinta de Ervamoira. Its characteristic aroma and palate are the result of the artistry achieved across generations.
- Ramos Pinto Late Bottled Vintage: LBV Ramos Pinto is an unfiltered wine fermented in the lagar, thus preserving the expressive fruit as well as its great aging potential. Fresh aromas of raspberry and blueberry.
- Ramos Pinto Lágrima White: Made from a careful selection of white grapes that offer freshness and aromas of chamomile and orange blossom with hints of honey. Should be chilled.
Anita Musi, Evaton’s Fine Wine Specialist, and Thomas Rogerson, Ramos Pinto’s Port Blender, will lead you through a guided tasting of these wonderful and unique wines while sharing the history of the Douro Valley and its Port production. Before the event on May 12th, we will be sharing some great pairing suggestions to enhance your experience.
Upon registration and the purchase of your select Ports, you will receive an email confirmation and a Zoom link. To cultivate an intimate and enhanced experience, this exclusive event will be limited to a maximum of 20 registrants. Please note that the link for the invite is nontransferable.
The registration fee includes your selected wine package plus shipping. This offer is limited to Continental US, excluding UT, AR, MS, AL, RI, and DE.